I am an Internet of Things: Innovation and Management Master student
enrolled at École polytechnique. As a student, my most significant achievement is being
able to co-found my start-up while still pursuing my interests in the technological
field. I enjoy reading and staying up to date with the newest technologies. I am
currently seeking new challenges to pursue and advance my career as well as improve
myself as an engineer.
Should you have an interest, feel free to download a digital copy of my resume or print it.
Software Engineer Intern
Selected by the BMW Group to complete my university's final year project working on their latest Smart Transport Robot v4.0
- Hands-on experience with the newest Nvidia Isaac SDK for robotics
- Practical experience dismantling and mounting the different hardware components
- Implement and improve new features within a strict timeline
- Optimize and enhance the Isaac SDK to adapt it to the project's needs
- Design, test and execute a robust robotics architecture that exceeds expectations
Assessed clients' needs and constraints, designed custom solutions, and executed them accordingly.
- Hands-on experience with Python building tools using Pandas
- Developed automated data scraping scripts using Selenium, Requests, and BeautifulSoup
- Manipulated APIs to gather data and store them in corresponding databases
- Designed a WhatsApp chatbot using the Twilio platform fully hosted on Heroku
- Implemented automated file and database backup management on Python for critical data
Software Engineer Intern
Completed a 2-months project to build a seamless and automated Google Chrome extension for video call and screen recording with full customizability for call centers.
- Experience gained working on frameworks notably Node-RED, Express.js, and Passport.js
- Implemented an Over-The-Air update mechanism
- Developed a web dashboard to monitor and review video call recordings using Node.js
- Designed a MySQL database architecture to store video calls metadata
- Hands-on experience from dockerizing the whole process for seamless deployment
- Developed a robust backend on Node-RED with video compression using FFMPEG
Co-Founder & CTO
Censigo is an innovative company that provides solutions for food companies to help them track, monitor, and manage their stock in real-time.
- Spearheaded software development
- Handled web hosting, servers management, and emails
- Interviewed different companies and potential clients such as Bel Group, Daher Foods, and Taayanel
- Co-Authored a business plan (Marketing Strategy, Market Analysis, etc.)
- Attended 17 workshops, 2 boot camps, and 3 exhibitions
- Implemented Scrum agile methodology for 5 members and headed daily meetings
- Designed marketing material such as flyers, business cards, and a roll-up banner
The Agrytech Program aims to source the top startups with disruptive innovations in the Agri-Food sector and provide them with the adequate technical and business resources as well as community support to scale their ideas into successful businesses with global impact.
- Completed all three phases of the program despite being the youngest team
- Significantly improved my business and management knowledge by attending workshops
- Pivoted from a product-centric to a customer-centric view
- Gave critical pitches notably the one that advanced us from Phase 2 to Phase 3
- Achieved valuable exposure through events such as Horeca (16,000+ visitors)
Internet of Things: Innovation and Management Master
Computer & Communications Engineering
Saint Joseph University of Beirut
High School Diploma - General Science
Collège des Frères Maristes Champville
Analyzing inter-country latencies in the MENOG region
Launched distributed pings and traceroutes over a month from RiPE Atlas
probes to SpeedTest servers throughout the MENOG region.
Current results are available on https://github.com/georgeshachem/menog-internet-study
Implemented Google's famous PageRank algorithm used to rank web pages in
their search engine results using C++.
The code is available on https://github.com/georgeshachem/PageRank
A smart highway lighting system
Developed an automated system that detects moving vehicles and turns on the light accordingly depending on the time of day using integrated circuits, logic gates, and LDRs.
Home automation multi-usage board
Designed a Microchip PIC18 microcontroller-based home automation multi-usage board that receives commands through Zigbee and executes then accordingly. Some of the features available: water heater, electricity source, fuel level, and temperature feedback.
Food conditions monitoring and stock management in the supply chain
Created a proof of concept consisting of a hardware solution that continuously monitors the environment's conditions and product's stock count and sends them to a Flask-based web dashboard where companies can monitor and visualize this data.
Detection and tracking of vehicles based on real-time license plate detection
Engineered an end to end solution for real-time license plate detection and
recognition utilizing the OpenALPR library on a Raspberry Pi. Data sent
through LoRa and MQTT to the backend is treated and displayed in real-time
for live monitoring on a map.
Part of the code is available on https://github.com/georgeshachem/random/tree/master/plate-number-recognition